Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome everyone.
Thumbs Up 
Tongue

HI Dudes and Dudettes.

Our previous forum (based on the Small Machine Forum software) has crashed with disastrous results. So bad that I decided to re-start our forum with a completely new and updated Forum Software IE> MyBB.
The previous software worked the server resources very hard and since I started The SA SCOOTERS forum in May 2009 i had to spend thousands to continually update the server. Angry
Once the forum is up and running (....or at a point where i am happy) i will open registrations and try and get our old members back here.
I will also slowly migrate all the older posts back to this forum.
The past few weeks has been hell.....I've gotten so used to this forum that i could not go without it anymore.
I wish all of the old members...and plenty new ones returns.

Round.......................Number...............2...  Cool Cool Cool Big Grin

I am slowly creating all the old Forum Categories. Please be patient.

ENJOY!!!
Registration now open: 10pm on 8 Oct 2018
Ride it, Like you Stole it!!! 
Big Grin
(10-09-2018, 09:34 PM)Slang Wrote: Tongue

HI Dudes and Dudettes.

Our previous forum (based on the Small Machine Forum software) has crashed with disastrous results. So bad that I decided to re-start our forum with a completely new and updated Forum Software IE> MyBB.
The previous software worked the server resources very hard and since I started The SA SCOOTERS forum in May 2009 i had to spend thousands to continually update the server. Angry
Once the forum is up and running (....or at a point where i am happy) i will open registrations and try and get our old members back here.
I will also slowly migrate all the older posts back to this forum.
The past few weeks has been hell.....I've gotten so used to this forum that i could not go without it anymore.
I wish all of the old members...and plenty new ones returns.

Round.......................Number...............2...  Cool Cool Cool Big Grin

I am slowly creating all the old Forum Categories. Please be patient.

ENJOY!!!
Registration now open: 10pm on 8 Oct 2018

Do I get my old status as 'old ballie' back?

For a minute there, I couldn't post, as the page was still loading... What are you using as a server...? You need to remember to push in the 'Turbo' for that 486!

Thanks for all the trouble in getting us back!
Thumbs Up 
HI Vincent.
Members of previous forum has VIP status and can claim any Nickname or Status here....even Ouballie.. Big Grin

Check under your username....updated..  Cool
Big Grin
Thumbs Up 
Whoohooo  Big Grin
(10-10-2018, 11:03 AM)Slang Wrote: HI Vincent.
Members of previous forum has VIP status and can claim any Nickname or Status here....even Ouballie.. Big Grin

Check under your username....updated..  Cool

Can I claim my scooter freak nickname back?
Matthew Olivier (aka Mat1998)
It's a pity of the loss of the old site. The new site hold a lot of promise.
How does one create their avatar or will the one that was filed from the previous site, be pulled in automatically?
Could I suggest, a "Test Area" as a heading, where one can test to see how your pix and / or text layout would appear. The help section, https://sascooters.co.za/misc.php?action=help, has a lot of useful info that needs to be experimented with first before a post can be made. The entries would be deleted after a set time period, by admin, since it is a temporary area for testing only. You thoughts on the matter?
(10-13-2018, 03:51 PM)Gert Wrote: Could I suggest, a "Test Area" as a heading, where one can test to see how your pix and / or text layout would appear. The help section, https://sascooters.co.za/misc.php?action=help, has a lot of useful info that needs to be experimented with first before a post can be made. The entries would be deleted after a set time period, by admin, since it is a temporary area for testing only. You thoughts on the matter?

Good Idea Gert....I hoped to have some time this weekend to work on the forum, but it did not work out that way. The moment i get an opening i will improve the site.
Big Grin