The Scooter and Small Bike Forum
Licence tests - Printable Version

+- The Scooter and Small Bike Forum (https://sascooters.co.za)
+-- Forum: ANNOUNCEMENTS (https://sascooters.co.za/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: NEW SITE - 9 Oct 2018 (https://sascooters.co.za/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Licence tests (/showthread.php?tid=16)

Licence tests - maidenvoyager - 11-07-2018

Hi! I'm looking for the three versions of the learner's licence tests that used to be available on the previous version of the site, please! I'm writing on Friday - I have diligently gone through all the questions in the K53 book, but would like to look at the test papers themselves as well.

If anybody has them, please email me at hanellef@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

RE: Licence tests - Mat1998 - 11-09-2018

Hey there,
Do what I did and just get the k53 app, it generates random papers and gives you the chance to answer questions you'll actually get in the test in the hour time period you get to complete the test. It's great! And when you do your license, I'd suggest going on a bike course, I did that last year before I did my license.

RE: Licence tests - maidenvoyager - 11-09-2018

(11-09-2018, 08:58 AM)Mat1998 Wrote: Hey there,
Do what I did and just get the k53 app, it generates random papers and gives you the chance to answer questions you'll actually get in the test in the hour time period you get to complete the test. It's great! And when you do your license, I'd suggest going on a bike course, I did that last year before I did my license.

Thanks for the tips, Matthew! I am happy to report that I passed. Smile
I have already started taking bike lessons, because I'd never ridden a bike until a few months ago. I will definitely do a K53 course as well before doing my licence, I think it is an excellent way to prepare for the yard test and hopefully it will minimise the nervous jitters at least somewhat.

RE: Licence tests - Gert - 11-14-2018

Congrats on passing your license test. I found that after 50 odd years of riding, the more you ride, the better your confidence. So, chin up, look where you want to go and let go that death grip on the handle bars. Wear safety gear when riding. Ride in the middle of your lane. Traffic will go around you if they want to pass you. Riding to one side will tempt someone to ride next to you and could end up forcing you off the road. Each bike is different, so get to know how your bike will respond in all situations, including emergency braking. Safe riding.

RE: Licence tests - maidenvoyager - 11-14-2018

(11-14-2018, 07:57 AM)Gert Wrote: Congrats on passing your license test. I found that after 50 odd years of riding, the more you ride, the better your confidence. So, chin up, look where you want to go and let go that death grip on the handle bars. Wear safety gear when riding. Ride in the middle of your lane. Traffic will go around you if they want to pass you. Riding to one side will tempt someone to ride next to you and could end up forcing you off the road. Each bike is different, so get to know how your bike will respond in all situations, including emergency braking. Safe riding.

Thanks very much for all the helpful tips, Gert, I appreciate it! I agree, time in the saddle will be the best remedy in terms of building confidence. I am looking forward to getting my own bike and to having much more time to practise!